Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shaking in my Merrells

Today is just absolutely beautiful and I intend to play outside with my family all day long. But I wanted to take a quick second while in the car on our way to and from church to post a couple of things.

First of all, this weekend we made paleo pizza and paleo waffles and they were crazy awesome! Ill post on those recipes in the next couple of days so keep watch for that.

Secondly, I am going to get crossfitty! I'm not sure that Crossfit will be a good fit for me but I'm going to give it a good try before judging it. But I am quite literally scared out of my mind. I am not athletic...at all, in any possible way. I am having major flashbacks to high school PE and those are not good memories. I am still the same gangly uncoordinated wimp I was back then. But I'm going to endure the embarrassment once again for one reason...I want to be strong. I am not so concerned with having a six pack or decreasing the size of my booty. But I want strength. I want to be tough but in a feminine, lady-like way. So if you have been thinking about trying out Crossfit but didn't want to be the worst one there you should come to Crossfit 454 tomorrow at 5:30pm. Ill be the one crying in the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Ok. Now, I will encourage you! Great job on your Whole30. That is a great accomplishment. I really want to hear what your first WOD at 454 was and how you felt about it.
    I am a Nutrition Coach at CrossFit Eclipse in Tulsa, Ok so I love CrossFit and Paleo. It is awesome to feel strong. Don't give up on CrossFit!
    BTW, I am a friend of Tracey Fields and found your blog through her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Thank you for the sweet encouragement! I just posted about our CrossFit experience. You'll have to check it out.

    I think you just might be an answer to prayer. I am thinking about/driving myself insane over the idea of going back to school for a masters in nutritional therapy. I would really appreciate any advice or direction you could give me. If you have a spare second would you email me at jessicadpope@gmail.com and at least let me know where you went to school and the path you took? I would really really appreciate it!

    Also, I just L O V E Tracey! She is pretty much the coolest person I know. I'm so grateful that she has shared my little blog.

    ReplyDelete